Saturday, April 19, 2008

The boy has issues

As I look ahead about 5 days, I'm starting to fret a little bit about a deadline looming in the near future. We're supposed to hand in an short paragraph abstract explaining our research projects (Sidenote: I'm not sure why I'm explaining this considering I think MACT people are the only ones reading this, and likely know that already!). Anyway... I'm trying to put into words the project that I'll spend the next year working on.

While I have an area I'd like to address, I don't know the specifics. While talking to a friend of mine who recently completed his masters in a similar discipline, he suggested limiting the scope to something manageable instead of attacking the topic as a whole. This, of course, makes great sense, but I seem to want to deal with the whole thing, and not a specific aspect of it. So if I'm dealing with a shift in the workforce and in lifestyles, how do I limit it to something I can measure?

My friend suggested limiting it to a specific company or a particular group. But who? Frankly, I'm sick of using my company (CBC) as a case study for every assignment. I don't have the same kind of access to other companies, but perhaps I should work something out. I've posed the question to a classmate working on a very similar topic, so I'm curious how she plans to attack it.

In the meantime, the countdown is on... I'll have to hand this in just before I go to Vegas!

No comments: