Friday, April 11, 2008

A Big Sensation

Welcome to A Big Sensation, a blog aimed at tracking the progress of my Masters Final Project. The project will examine the shift happening in the world right now as the Net-Generation (sometimes called Millenials) enter and gain prominence in the work force, and as the older generations adapt to emerging technologies. Beyond that, the focus is still a bit vague, but that will develop in time.

In many of our class discussions, I've felt like one of a few "young ones" who see things a little bit differently than some of our older classmates. We are part of that generation who grew up with computers, were among the first generation to adopt things like chat, instant messaging, and email for social purposes, and have gotten used to adapting year after year to constantly changing technology.

Why "A Big Sensation," you might ask? In the song "My Generation" by The Who, there is a lyric "I'm not trying to cause a big sensation." As this project is really about My Generation, and I honestly believe it IS a rather big deal (or sensation even), I felt the title was appropriate.

No comments: